Kidplayco is an affiliate website. If you purchase a product using our links we might be compensated. See Disclosure.
Gel Blasters are toy guns that shoot gel balls. And let me tell you, they’re all the rage right now. I recently got my hands on one and I’ve been having a blast (no pun intended) shooting targets and just fooling around with it.
But then, it hit me. Is it safe to use gel blaster gellets around my dog? I mean, I wouldn’t want my doggo to get hurt or scared by these little gel balls flying around. So, I did some digging and found some interesting information that I want to share with all of you.
But first, let me introduce myself. I’m a dog dad to a crazy but adorable Golden Retriever named Max. He’s my world and I wouldn’t trade him for anything. So, you can imagine my concern when it comes to anything that might harm him.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Are gel blasters safe for dogs? Let’s find out, shall we?
Are Gel Blasters Gellets Toxic to Dogs?
Well, the good news is that gel blasters and the gellets they shoot are generally considered safe for dogs. The gel balls are made from a non-toxic, biodegradable material that won’t harm your furry friend unless ingested. (Yes, you need to observe them while they are around Gellets)
That being said, it’s important to always use caution when using a gel blaster around your dog. Just like any other toy or object, it’s possible for your dog to become overly excited or curious and accidentally eat it.
Additionally, it’s important to store the gel blaster and the gellets in a secure place where your dog can’t access them. As mentioned earlier, gellets are safe for dogs to play with but if ingested, it can lead to potential choking hazards or other issues that may arise from your dog ingesting non-food items.
Also See: Do You Need to Dry Gel Balls Before Use
What Happens if a Dog Eats Gellets?
While gellets are generally safe for dogs, there are still a few things to watch out for if your pup decides to snack on them. Here are some potential consequences if a dog eats gellets.
1. Choking Hazard
Let’s face it, dogs have a tendency to swallow things they shouldn’t. And gellets are no exception. These small, round balls can easily get lodged in a dog’s throat, causing them to choke.
If your dog is struggling to breathe or coughing up a storm, it’s important to act quickly. Try to remove the gellets from their mouth, and if you can’t, seek veterinary attention right away.
As for my dog Max, he loves to eat anything he can get his paws on, so I always make sure to keep gellets out of his reach.
2. Intestinal Blockage
If your dog swallows too many gellets, they can cause an intestinal blockage. This occurs when the gellets clump together and create a mass in your dog’s digestive system.
Not only is this uncomfortable for your furry friend, but it can also be a serious and potentially life-threatening condition. Keep an eye out for symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and lethargy. If you suspect your dog has an intestinal blockage, contact your vet immediately.
You May Also Like: Do Gel Blasters Hurt
Gellets are designed to absorb water and expand when they come into contact with moisture. This means that if your dog eats too many gellets, they can cause dehydration by absorbing too much water in the digestive tract.
Signs of dehydration include lethargy, dry nose and mouth, sunken eyes, and decreased urination.
To avoid this, always make sure to prevent your dog from snacking on gel blaster gellets and if they do accidentally eat some, give them plenty of water to drink.
4. Upset Stomach
Even if your dog doesn’t swallow gellets whole or eat too many, they can still cause an upset stomach. Dogs have sensitive digestive systems, and any sudden change in their diet can lead to vomiting, diarrhea, and discomfort.
If your pup seems lethargic or is refusing to eat or drink, it’s a good idea to take them to the vet to rule out any potential issues.
How to Safely Allow Dogs to Be Around Gel Blaster Gellets?
Gel blasters are a fun and exciting way to enjoy outdoor activities with your furry friend. But, as with any toy or game, it’s important to take precautions to ensure everyone stays safe.
Here are some safety tips for handling gel blaster balls around dogs.
- Keep them out of reach: Make sure to store your gel blaster balls in a secure location where your dog can’t access them. Dogs are naturally curious and may see the balls as a toy to play with or even eat.
- Supervise playtime: If you do decide to let your dog play with gel blaster balls, make sure to supervise their playtime closely. This will help prevent them from swallowing the balls or getting them lodged in their throat.
- Don’t shoot at your dog: It should go without saying, but it’s never safe to shoot gel blaster balls at your dog. Not only is it cruel and dangerous, but it can also cause serious injury or harm.
- Dispose of unused gel blaster balls immediately: If you have any unused gel blaster balls, dispose of them immediately. Leaving them lying around can tempt your dog to chew on them or swallow them, which can lead to choking or other potential health risks.
Gel blasters are generally safe for dogs to play with as long as proper safety measures are taken. Besides, Gellets are made from a non-toxic material that is safe for dogs to be around and isn’t allergic, unless they decide to eat them.
Also Read: Do Gel Blasters Make a Mess
Well, it turns out that gel blasters themselves are safe for dogs. The gel balls they shoot are made of a non-toxic, biodegradable material that won’t harm your furry friend. However, there is one thing you need to watch out for – your dog eating the gel balls.
If your pooch decides to chomp down on one of those little gellets, it could cause some serious issues. The gel can expand in their digestive system, potentially leading to blockages and other health problems. So, make sure to keep an eye on your pup and keep those gel balls out of their reach.
All in all, I enjoy playing with my gel blaster around Max’s and he loves it. And I am sure your dog will love these gel balls too.