Kidplayco is an affiliate website. If you purchase a product using our links we might be compensated. See Disclosure.
As a self-proclaimed Orbeez expert, I couldn’t resist the temptation of finding out what they taste like. Yes, you read that right – Orbeez, those tiny, colorful, gelatinous balls that kids love to play with.
Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Why on earth would you want to eat something that’s meant to be a toy?” But hear me out, my friends. I wanted to know how they taste and what happens when you chew them.
Here is what I have to say about tasting two of them – Orbeez don’t actually have a taste. They don’t have a flavor profile or a distinct taste like other foods.
However, what they do have is a texture that is quite unique. The sensation of biting down on an Orbee is something that can only be described as a cross between a gummy bear and a water balloon. It’s squishy, and bouncy, and it almost feels like you’re chewing on a piece of juicy fruit, but without the actual taste of the fruit.
I would like to mention here that while Orbeez are non-toxic and made from a superabsorbent polymer that’s commonly used in household products like diapers, they are not intended for consumption.
In fact, ingesting Orbeez can be dangerous and pose a choking hazard, especially when done in large quantities.
So, while it may be tempting to wonder what Orbeez taste like, it’s important to remember that they are not meant to be eaten. Instead, enjoy the unique sensory experience that Orbeez can provide through touch and sight, and keep them out of your mouth.
Also See: Can You Eat Orbeez
Do Orbeez Burst When Chewing?
No, Orbeez does not burst when chewing. While they are made up mostly of water, they have a gel-like coating that keeps them intact even when chewed.
The outer layer of the Orbee is made of a super-absorbent polymer, which means that it can hold a lot of water without bursting. When you chew on an Orbee, the gel-like texture remains intact and simply compresses, making it a unique and interesting sensation to chew on.
Is it Safe to Eat One Orbee?
Yes, it is generally safe to eat one Orbee as long as it is chewed properly.
Orbeez are non-toxic, biodegradable, and considered safe for children to play with. However, there is a risk of choking if the Orbee is not properly broken down before swallowing.
It’s also important to keep in mind that Orbeez are not intended for consumption, and eating them can pose a choking hazard if they are not properly chewed.
You May Also Like: Are Orbeez Biodegradable
Can Kids or Pets Mistake Orbeez for a Candy?
Yes, kids and pets can mistake Orbeez for candy or food, which is why it’s important to keep them out of reach.
Orbeez are colorful and small, which can be attractive to children and animals who might think they are candy or a toy. If ingested, Orbeez can be a choking hazard or cause other health issues, so it’s important to supervise children and pets around Orbeez.
So, my fellow Orbeez enthusiast, the answer to the question of what Orbeez tastes like is…nothing. That’s right, Orbeez are essentially flavorless, but that doesn’t mean they’re not worth exploring from a different perspective.
While they may not be the most exciting thing to eat on their own, Orbeez can be a fun and creative way to add texture and visual appeal to a lot of things including vases. To see what you can put these water beads to, check my article on what are Orbeez used for.
So, the next time you find yourself with a bag of these colorful little balls, don’t be afraid to experiment and see what kind of magic you can create.
Who knows, you might just come up with the next big trend for TikTok!